Many of you have asked where in the world I've been.

All I know is that after 7 plus years of blogging and a different lappy, which I don’t like, I seem to have lost my blogging fervor.

Someday, when you least expect it, I will post again.

For those of you still waiting I say thank you.

Meanwhile, I am rather prolific on twitter. Find me: @KeethaB
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The Eclectic Company - Waitin' on a New Adventure!!
.
~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
.

Monday, May 2, 2011

Don't Get Me Wrong - - -

.

I abhor the crimes that Osama perpetrated against the US.

I grieve for the loss of lives on 911 and for all those who have given their lives in the war against terror since then.

I'm proud of our country and those men who bravely fight to insure our freedom.

But I cannot condone slaughter without due justice. When we stoop to the tactics of evil, doesn't that contaminate us?

Someone posted this quote in a comment today, they gave credit for it to MLK Jr, but I cannot find it amongst his quotes. However, no matter who originally said it, it sums up how I feel about this current situation.

"I mourn the loss of thousands of precious lives, but I will not rejoice in the death of one, not even an enemy. Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that" - Unknown

.

9 comments:

Vivienne @ the V Spot said...

Yep. MLK knew his stuff. Read Clearness' take.
It is possible to celebrate a victory without rejoicing in death. It is Jesus' desire that none should perish. We know that bin Laden will be spending eternity separated from God. No one should celebrate that.

j said...

Well said Keetha. I felt something similar when I heard.

Lana Kim White Austin said...

I'm glad that he was captured and can do no more evil, but to celebrate his death party style is not what Jesus would do.

Blessings,
Lana

Dawn said...

I agree, the party syle celbrating, as Lana called it, didn't sit well with me. I kept thinking of the old westerns I grew up reading...the hero always did what was necessary but with grim satisfaction, not joy. I saw a video of Rudi Juliani this morning and he said the celebrating made him uncomfortable.I'm going to try to do a post on it later if I can get time today.

Anonymous said...

its the first time I have seen people celebrate in the streets like they do in other cuntrieswhen something like this happens. ones usually only do so at sporting evens for a win. im glad he is dead but this is not the end, its the begining of more hate twards us and more attacks will happen soon im sure from his followers and who knows how many already are living here in the United States. It scares me. We are going to never be able to pull out of those areas Im afraid. This war will last forever.

Erin said...

I saw that quote on Facebook, borrowed and reposted it again. I am glad to see that some other friends have picked it up and are passing it on. "Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that." Amen!

Moments and Impressions said...

Oh my, this quote is exactly what I am feeling... so dead on. Thank you.

Jim said...

So glad I have seen this! I couldn't get my head around all the celebrating. Thanks for having the courage to post this in this 'climate'.

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I was embarresed for our country and how they cheered in the streets. That is what foreign countries do, not America.